Below is a list of links to other websites which may be of interest. Please scroll down the page to find the information you require.
Road Travel Information
Air Travel Information
- Highlands & Islands Airports Limited - operators of Inverness Airport
- British Airways - with flights available to Inverness Airport.
- Easyjet - the web's favourite airline.
- Flybe - offering a wide choice of flights to Inverness.
- Scotrail - for rail travel information.
- Kyle of Lochalsh Railway - for information about the spectacular railway line from Inverness to Kyle of Lochalsh.
- Avis Car Rental
- Budget Car Hire
- Focus Vehicle Rental
- Hertz Car Rental
- National Car Rental
- Practical Car & Van Rental
- Thrifty Car & Van Rental
Golf in Lochcarron and Neighbouring Areas
- Lochcarron Golf Club - our local 9-hole golf course situated just outside the village; has superb views; open to visitors.
- Gairloch Golf Club - occupies a fabulous location above a beautiful long sandy beach.
- Strathpeffer Spa Golf Club - Peter Allis has described the course as a jewel in the Highlands of Scotland.
- reached via the spectacular Bealach na Ba and the subject of Monty Halls' Great Escape on BBC2 recently.
- Mountain and Sea Guides - walking, climbing and kayaking.
- a neighbouring area to Lochcarron with spectacular mountain scenery. Very attractive to walkers and climbers.
Tours and Trips
- See The Highlands" - private guided taxi tours of the Scottish Highlands and Islands
- Glasgow Airport Millennium Taxis - authorised Glasgow Airport Taxis catering for business, single journeys, hotel and conference transfers. Tours throughout Scotland. Credit cards accepted, including American Express. Internet booking facility 24hrs 7days a week. Website includes links to Scottish accommodation, information and attractions, etc.
Diving and Boat Trips
- 5 Bells Diving - diver training and dive trips in some of the clearest waters around the UK. Run by experienced commercial diver who has been a PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) Staff Instructor since 2001.
- Calum's Seal Boat Trips - free if no seals!
- Torridon Sea Tours - boat trips departing from Shieldaig pier, including day trips to to the island of Rona.
- Seaprobe Atlantis - trips from Kyle of Lochalsh by glass-bottom boat, to see the hidden mysteries of the deep!
- Bella Jane - trips from Elgol on Skye to Loch Coruisk and also to the islands of Rhum and Canna.
- Mountain and Sea Guides - kayaking
Places of Interest
- Attadale Gardens - just across the water from Lochcarron.
- Beinn Eighe National Nature Reserve - Britain's first National Nature Reserve.
- Bright Water Visitor Centre - located in Kyleakin on Skye, just across the water from Kyle of Lochalsh. For information about the Eilean Ban Trust and Gavin Maxwell, and for Boat Trips.
- Dunvegan Castle - the ancestral home of the Clan MacLeod on the Isle of Skye, still in use today. The castle is open to visitors all year round - opening times are shown on the website.
- Eilean Donan Castle - the famous castle on Loch Duich which repeatedly appears in photos and film sequences. Open to visitors.
- Inverewe Gardens - despite being on a latitude more northerly than Moscow, these gardens are home to exotic plants from all over the world, courtesy of the warm currents of the Gulf Stream.
- Lochcarron Weavers - situated just beyond the far west end of Lochcarron village, the Weavers' shop has a wide range of tartans, luxury knitwear, kilts and tweed clothing.
- Shards Stained Glass - at Arrina on the Applecross coast road, about 10 miles from Shieldaig and 15 miles from Applecross. Manufacturers and suppliers of a unique and unusual range of stained glass suncatchers.
- Strome Castle - now just a ruin, having been blown up in 1602 during a clan feud, but has a superb position on a rocky promontory with views across to the Isle of Skye.
- Dalmore Distillery. - on the banks of the Cromarty Firth overlooking the Black Isle Its malt whisky has a characteristic full flavour and body, and a long lingering aftertaste. A classic Highland malt.
- Glenmorangie Distillery - at Tain, just south of the Dornoch Firth.
- Glen Ord Distillery - at Muir of Ord, just about the nearest distillery to Lochcarron.
- Loch Ewe Distillery - at Aultbea just to the north of Gairloch. Probably the smallest distillery you have ever visited!
- Talisker Distillery - on the Isle of Skye. For those who enjoy peaty singlemalts!